If you use a company-provided iPhone, your device is probably an MDM-restricted one.
The iOS-supported Mobile Device Management(MDM) can remotely monitor your iPhone and limit certain functions. As long as you are using the iPhone, you are being supervised — that sounds really annoying! It sometimes even bothers normal use when it is stuck in the MDM login screen. So, how to bypass MDM on your iPhone for free?
Here, you will find the right MDM bypass-free methods. In the following post, we are going to show 4 practical and free methods. Let's continue reading and choose one that suits you best!
Directly Bypass MDM on iPhone/iPad on Setting
The most direct and convenient way to bypass MDM is to remove it from your iPhone via Settings. If you already have the passcode given by the administrator, try this method.
Go to Settings>General>VPN & Device Management, find the Codeproof MDM profile, click Remove Management, and enter the corresponding passcode.
Bypass MDM on iPhone for Free with 3uTool
3uTool, all-in-one software for iOS devices, can help you to skip MDM for free. The latest version of 3uTool supports iOS 14 and above. Follow the below instructions:
- Step 1. Free download, install and launch 3uTools on your computer.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone to the computer. The software will then show the status of your device.
- Step 3. Navigate to the Toolbox menu and click it. Find the Skip MDM Lock option.
- Step 4. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
3uTool doesn't really remove MDM. It just temporarily bypasses MDM.
[iOS 11.x Only] iPhone MDM Bypass for Free with Fiddler
If your company-issued iPhone is an iOS 11.x device, you can try the debugging tool Fiddler to bypass MDM for free. Instructions are as follows:
- Step 1. Download, install, and launch Fiddler on your computer.
- Step 2. Open iTunes on your computer, and choose to Restore your iPhone. Remember not to update your iOS version.
- Step 3. Locate the Tools menu in Fiddler, click to open it, then choose Option from the pull-down menu.
- Step 4. On the HTTPS window, select Capture HTTPS Connect, and press OK.
- Step 5. Connect your iPhone to the computer. You will find Fiddler showing all available connection logs.
- Step 6. From the Host column, find albert.apple.com. Click it and a lot of information will show in the right panel. Locate the Response body is encoded. Click to decode button, and click it.
- Step 7. Navigate to the TextView tab, search for a line saying “Flag = 1.” and change the value to “Flag=0.”
- Step 8. Click the green Run to Completion button to finish.
And the removal process is done. Your iOS 11.x iPhone is now free from MDM.
- Some feedbacks say that this method may fail because iTunes can not get the device's activation information.
- Fiddler only works for iOS 11.x and is not applicable for iPhones running other iOS versions. If your iPhone operates other iOS versions, try other methods introduced below.
[iOS 13 Only] Bypass MDM on iPhone for Free via iOS 13 Bug
If your company distributed an iOS13 iPhone or iPad to you, you can try to bypass MDM for free via a bug. This happens when you also have a 4G SIM card. Follow the below instructions:
- Step 1. Insert the SIM card into your iPhone and boot the phone.
- Step 2. Activate the SIM card and immediately remove it from your iPhone.
- Step 3. Follow the Setup instructions, and press Next until you see the Remote Management screen.
- Step 4. Insert the SIM card into your iPhone again.
- Step 5. Press Back, and go back four steps to the initial page.
- Step 6. Again follow the instructions, until you see the Remote Management screen.
- Step 7. Press the Back button until you go back to the setup page again. Now MDM is bypassed on your iOS 13 device.
This method only works on iOS13 devices. If your MDM-restricted iPhone runs other iOS versions, try other methods we mentioned in this post.
Easiest Way to Bypass iPhone/iPad MDM [iOS 4-16.X]
It is more possible that your iPhone given by the company runs other iOS versions. If you have already tried 3utool but it didn't help, here we will recommend you the easiest, yet most useful way to bypass MDM for free — use the professional Passvers iPhone Unlocker software.
The best part is, Passvers iPhone Unlocker is applicable to your iPhones of various statuses. When you are asked to fill in the account and passcode on the Remote Management screen but you don't know, or when your iPhone is already disabled for some reason, you can still make use of the Passvers iPhone Unlocker to bypass MDM.
More precisely, Passvers iPhone Unlocker will remove MDM from your iPhone. From then on, your iPhone gets rid of the company's remote monitoring. You can fully control your iPhone.
Step 1. Download, install, and open Passvers iPhone Unlocker.
From the main interface, choose Remove MDM, and then choose the Disabled part and tap Start Removing. A pop-up screen will show, enter 0000.
Step 2. Access the device Recovery Mode.
Connect your iPhone to a computer. Follow the steps to put the iPhone into Recovery Mode.
Step 3. Select the device information corresponding to your iPhone.
Match the Device Category, Type, and Model with your iPhone. Tap the Start button to download a firmware package.
Remember to keep connecting your iPhone to the computer during the downloading process. The download speed varies due to your network speed.
Step 4. Manually activate your iPhone.
After the firmware is installed, tap the Device Activated button to activate your iPhone. Click Got it when you see a reminder message screen pops up. Your iPhone screen will then show the Hello interface. Manually activate your iPhone. Your iPhone will automatically restart.
After that, the MDM removal process is done.
FAQs about iPad/iPhone Remote Management Bypass
What is MDM lock?
MDM lock, short for Mobile Device Management lock, is a security feature used by organizations to remotely manage and control mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. It restricts certain functionalities and settings to ensure better device management and security, often used in enterprise and educational settings for company-owned or school-issued devices.
How to remove MDM from iPad/iPhone?
You can remove MDM from iPad/iPhone using different methods. If you already know the administrator's passcode, you can remove MDM via the iPhone/iPad Setting menu. If not, you can try to factory reset or jailbreak your iOS device.
Or, you can make use of safe and reliable third-party software, like the professional Passvers iPhone Unlocker. It removes MDM from your iOS device for free and is applicable for iOS 4-16.x devices.
This post presents 4 useful free MDM bypass methods, some of which are specific to certain iOS models. However, if your iOS version is not a specific model and you want a more convenient way to remove MDM, you can opt for Passvers iPhone Unlocker. It is compatible with all models of iOS devices and works even when your iPhone is disabled. Feel free to choose the free MDM bypass method that suits your needs!