What To Do If You Forgot Apple ID or Password
We are in a world where ID and password are needed everywhere. It is inevitable that we forget important IDs or passwords every now and then, for example, the Apple ID and password. It happens especially when we haven't used the Apple ID for a while and try to set up a new device, sign in iCloud, etc. We just couldn't recall a bit of the password and sometimes even the Apple ID. Luckily, Apple provides plenty of methods for users to tackle situations like these. Here is what to do if you forget Apple ID or password.
What to Do if Forgetting Password
It is more often the case that we forget the password for the Apple account since as an email address, Apple ID is easier to be remembered. When the password is forgotten, there are two methods to reset the password: resetting password directly in iDevice or on Apple.com.
Method 1 Reset Password in iDevice
1. Go to Settings > iCloud, if you have already signed in, tap on the Apple ID > Password & Security > Change Password. And type the new password that you want in the blank.
2. If you haven't sign in the iCloud account, go to Settings> iCloud, click "Forgot Apple ID or Password" and type in your Apple ID. Then you can choose "Answer your security questions" or "Get an email" to reset the password. If you have forgotten the answers to your security questions, choose the latter, which will send a password resetting link to your primary or rescue email address.
Method 2 Reset Password in Apple.com
1. Resetting the password in the Apple ID account page is much like that in iDevice. Go to the Apple ID account page ,click "Forgot Apple ID or Password". Enter Apple ID and choose to reset the password by answering your security questions or getting an email.
2. If you are using two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, enter your Apple ID on iforgot.apple.com, Enter your trusted phone number and choose to Continue to send a notification to your trusted device, wait for the notification to appear on your trusted device and tap Allow. Follow the steps to enter your device passcode and reset your password.
3. If you using two-step verification, you will have your recovery key. Again, enter your Apple ID on iforgot.apple.com, enter your Recovery Key, and choose a trusted device. A verification code will be sent to the device. Set a new password and select Reset Password.
What to Do if Forgetting Apple ID
Use Passvers iPhone Unlocker
Passvers iPhone Unlocker is an application that helps you remove the forgotten Apple ID, remove the locked screen passcode and retrieve the Screen Time Passcode.
If you forget the Apple ID, you can use Passvers iPhone Unlocker to get into your phone and sign in with a new account. Here is how to do:
1. Download and install Passvers iPhone Unlocker.
2. Enable the application and you will see three options on the screen.
Wipe Passcode will remove the screen password on your iPhone;
Remove Apple ID helps you remove the original ID. So you can log in with a new one.
Screen Time will retrieve the Screen Time password so that you can reset it later.
3. Click Remove Apple ID and connect your device to the computer. Click Start to continue and wait until the process finishes.
4. When the progress finishes, the program will inform you that unlock succeeded. Now, your device will restart automatically and you will need to do the initial settings.
Isn't it simple and fast to try? But before you download and use Passvers iPhone Unlocker , you should be noticed some important things:
First, to remove Apple ID with Passvers iPhone Unlocker, you need to disable Find My iPhone in advance. And the data will be all erased. If your device is running iOS 11.4 or later and Find My iPhone is turned on, you will receive a prompt saying your device is not supported.
Second, you are not recommended to use Erase All Content and Settingsfunction on the device after you remove the Apple ID. Or the device will be linked to the original Apple ID permanently.
Third, don't restore or update your device with iTunes after the unlocking. Or else it will be linked to the original Apple ID permanently and when you start up the iPhone, you will need to enter the forgotten Apple ID and passcode again.
Use your Apple ID account page
1. Go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or password When you're asked to enter your Apple ID, click Forgot Apple ID.
2. Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.
You can also find your forgotten Apple ID on iforgot.apple.com.
View Apple ID on iTunes
If you previously bought something in the iTunes Store, you can check which account was used to purchase it following these steps:
1. Open iTunes. Click one of your purchases. You can find your purchases under My Music or Playlists.
2. Choose Edit > Get Info. Click the File tab.
3. The "purchased by" will show your Apple ID in parenthesis that was used to buy the item.
After you have changed your Apple ID or password, it is recommendable that you update it in Settings for all of your Apple apps and services.