In the past, you may have set a highly complex password to secure your Apple ID. However, frequent use of Apple's Keychain tool for automated password input can result in you forgetting the Apple ID password.
No need to fret—in this article, we'll guide you on how to view your current Apple ID password and reset your Apple ID password if necessary. Even if you cannot reset the password, it's still possible to remove the Apple ID without password. Now, let's figure out how.
How Can I See My Current Apple ID Password?
If you have previously saved your Apple ID password in Apple's Keychain, you can first try to view your current Apple ID password in the Settings app, rather than resetting it directly. Below come the steps.
- Open Settings on your iPhone, scroll down, and tap Passwords.
- Use Face ID or Touch ID to access saved passwords.
- Choose an Apple official website like apple.com, tap it, and then tap Password to display it.
Change Apple ID Password on Your iPhone or iPad
If you forgot your Apple ID password but can still access your device, the most direct way is to reset Apple ID password on your iPhone or iPad. Now, let's see how it works.
- Go to Settings and tap your Apple ID profile for more info.
- Select Sign-In & Security followed by Change Password.
- Enter your screen passcode to verify yourself.
- Type in the new password and verify it again.
- Finally, click Change to reset Apple ID password.
Reset Apple ID Password on Your Mac
If you don't have your iPhone within reach, you can directly reset Apple ID password on your trusted MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac. Even if you forget Apple ID password, you can change the password when it's still signed in on your Mac. Now, let's learn how to reset Apple ID password on Mac.
- Click the Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click your Apple ID account and go to Password & Security > Change Password.
- Set up a new password for your Apple ID and follow the instructions to get it all done.
Change Apple ID Password Online via iForgot.com
If you can't access your iPhone or Mac, you can visit Apple iForgot.com to reset Apple ID password by email or phone number. Just follow the onscreen instructions to get an E-mail or answer security questions, you'll be able to change your Apple ID password.
Reset Apple ID Password via Apple Support app on Others' Device
When you have no iPhone/iPad around, you can turn to your friend or family member and install the Apple Support app on their iOS devices. Now, you might as well see how to reset Apple ID password via the app.
- Download and install the Apple Support app from the App Store.
- Open the app and select Password Reset > Help Someone Else
- Enter your Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions to reset Apple ID password.
Final Resort: Remove Apple ID with an Unlocking Tool
Passvers iPhone Unlocker is the optimal solution if you fail to reset Apple ID password through the methods above. With its state-of-the-art technology, it doesn't need authorization and can directly remove your Apple ID without a password. No matter why you're locked out, it helps you regain access to iPhone/iPad with ease.
There is no difficulty in resetting Apple ID password via Passvers. You may refer to the tutorial below or check out the video for a vivid idea afterward.
STEP 1. Download and install Passver iPhone Unlocker on your Windows or Mac.
STEP 2. Then, launch the program and select Remove Apple ID.
STEP 3. Now, you need to connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
STEP 4. Click Start to go on. According to the version of iOS, the following steps are different.
- iOS 11.4 and former: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Then, the software will do all the rest for you. You just need to wait until it finishes.
- iOS 11.4 to the latest iOS 17: Enable Two-Factor Authentication in the first place. Next, enter 0000 and confirm your device information. Now, hit the Start button to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID password.
Also, you can click to watch the video and see how to reset Apple ID password. This works to remove iCloud password if you forget it as well.
Bonus Tip: Add Account Recovery Contact to Prevent Forgetting Apple ID Password
In case people forget the Apple ID password and get locked out of iPhone/iPad, Apple has introduced a recovery contact as a precaution. This feature is available on iOS 15/iPadOS 15/macOS Monterey or later.
When you're over 13 years old, turn on two-factor authentication, and have a passcode, you can set up a recovery contact. After that, he/she can receive and provide a six-digit recovery code upon request to help you reset Apple ID password.
When you're able to verify yourself via email or phone number, you can reset Apple ID password online, by emial, or on iPhone/iPad/Mac with ease. Just follow the tutorials to get it done. However, if all the methods fail, Passver iPhone Unlocker works like a charm to delete your Apple ID without password. Then, you can access your iPhone and log in to a new Apple ID.