Forgot iPhone passcode? This post is what you need! Among the 4 methods introduced here, Passvers iPhone Unlocker is the easiest and most efficient way to unlock iPhone without passcode or Apple ID 100% successfully.
"I forgot the passcode to enter my iPhone. Please HELP."
"What to do if I forgot my iPhone passcode?"
"How to unlock my iPhone when I forgot the passcode?"
Similar questions are posted on Reddit, Quora, and Apple Communities every day asking how to unlock iPhone if forgot passcode. That must be a sad story but it's not a unsolved puzzle. There are 4 ways proven feasible to unlock iPhone without passcode. Just give it a go and bring your iPhone back to use.
Can I Remove iPhone Passcode Without Restore?
No. iPhone's passcode is virtually impenetrable. You might have heard that even the FBI failed to crack the lock screen password of a criminal's iPhone to access the information inside it. What to do if you forgot your iPhone passcode? The only solution is to completely reset the iPhone, which also includes resetting the passcode.
However, if you previously backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes/Finder before you forgot iPhone passcode, there's a silver lining. You can retrieve some of your data by restoring iPhone from the backup.
Unlock iPhone with an Unlocking Tool if Forgot iPhone Passcode
Passvers iPhone Unlocker is a leading expert that has supported millions of iPhone users globally. Powered by advanced unlocking technology, this exceptional tool can effortlessly unlock iPhones without needing the passcode or Apple ID credentials. Whether facing a Face ID, Touch ID, 4-digit Passcode, or 6-digit Passcode, it swiftly removes any screen lock with unparalleled efficiency.
Why is Passvers iPhone Unlocker Recommended?
- High Success Rate 100% Succeed in unlocking iPhone in any scenario.
- Ease of Use Intuitive to go through the whole process with a few clicks.
- Privacy Safety Unlock the iPhone all by yourself. No risk of privacy leaks.
- All iPhone/iOS Supported Compatible with iPhone 15/14/13/12 and iOS 17/16/15, etc.
- More Functions to Help Remove Apple ID, delete MDM, bypass Activation lock, etc.
Tutorial for how to unlock iPhone if you forgot passcode with Passvers:
STEP 1. Download and Launch Passvers iPhone Unlocker
First, you need to free download the software below and launch it on your computer.
STEP 2. Select the Wipe Passcode Mode
Select "Wipe Passcode" and click "Start". Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
STEP 3. Start Wiping Passcode
Confirm your iPhone information and click "Start" to download the firmware.
STEP 4. Finish Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
After downloading the firmware, enter "0000" to confirm the unlocking. Finally, click "Unlock" and wait until it's done.
Before you use Passvers iPhone Unlocker, please pay attention to the following items:
- If your Find My is on, you need to use the Apple ID and password to activate your iPhone after successfully removing the passcode.
- The process will erase all data on your iPhone, so it's better to back up your iPhone in case you lose some important data.
Erase iPhone Directly if Forgot iPhone Passcode [iOS 15.2~iOS 17]
If you forgot iPhone passcode, you can directly erase the iPhone(running iOS 15.2 and later) on the "iPhone is disabled"(after 5 incorrect entries) screen.
Before you start, make sure:
- Your iPhone should be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, or the resetting will fail.
- You have to remember your Apple ID and password to proceed with resetting.
- The "Find My iPhone" feature should be turned on beforehand on this iPhone.
Now follow these steps to see how to unlock an iPhone if you forgot the password.
STEP 1. Tap "Erase iPhone"("Forget Passcode" on iOS 17) twice to confirm the operation.
STEP 2. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on this iPhone.
STEP 3. Tap "Erase iPhone" to permanently delete all contents and settings on your device.
STEP 4. After resetting, your iPhone will be unlocked successfully, and you can set your iPhone, restore data from backups, and set a new passcode.
Bonus: Unlock iPhone with Previous Passcode (Only for iOS 17/iPadOS 17)
Apple provides a new feature for the latest iOS 17/iPadOS 17, which enables you to use the old passcode to reset a passcode within 72 hours after you just change your passcode. It's easy to follow on the lock screen. Therefore, if you just forget the new passcode but still remember the old one, you can read the simple guide:
Step 1. Enter wrong passcodes until you see "iPhone Unavailable", and tap "Forgot Passcode?" at the bottom-right corner.
Step 2. Choose "Enter Previous Passcode" and tap your old passcode on the screen.
Step 3. Then, follow the on-screen instruction to set a new passcode which you can remember well.
Unlock iPhone via iCloud if Forgot iPhone Passcode
Using iCloud is also an effective way to unlock iPhone without passcode, but it will also erase all data on your iPhone. Therefore, don't forget to make a copy of your important files.
Before You Start:
- Your Apple ID and password need to be available.
- Your Find My feature should be enabled.
- You have a good network connection.
STEP 1. Visit iCloud.com via a browser. Log in with your Apple ID(should be the same as the iPhone with forgotten passcode) and password. Click Find My.
STEP 2. Go to "All Devices" choose the iPhone > click on "Erase iPhone" to unlock iPhone without passcode.
STEP 3. After the reset, your iPhone will be unlocked and the forgotten passcode will be removed, so that you can set up your iPhone again and restore it from a backup.
Unlock iPhone with iTunes if Forgot iPhone Passcode
It's a universal way to use iTunes or Finder that helps you deal with iOS glitches. If you forgot iPhone passcode, you can use it to unlock iPhone without passcode or Apple ID for free. Yet it's a bit troublesome to finish the whole procedure, it's always a reliable choice as it's provided by Apple officials.
STEP 1. Launch your iTunes(Finder on Mac) and connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable.
STEP 2. Power off the iPhone. Put your iPhone into Recovery Mode as the steps shown below.
- iPhone 8 to iPhone 14: Quickly press down and release the "Volume Up" button and then the "Volum Down" button. After that, press down the "Power" button until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Hold the "Power" button and the "Volume Down" button at the same time until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- iPhone 6S and Former: Hold the "Home" button and the "Power" button until the Recovery Mode screen shows up.
STEP 3. When your iPhone is detected, click "Restore" to reset your iPhone. This will remove everything including the passcode on it.
FAQs of Forgot iPhone Passcode
If you still have some puzzles about "how to unlock iPhone if i forgot passcode", you can check this part.
Can I Turn off Passcode on iPhone?
Of course. Some of you may think entering a passcode to unlock iPhone is troublesome, and you can turn off the passcode so that you can access your iPhone as long as you wake the screen.
Step 1. Open Settings on iPhone.
Step 2. Choose Tap Face ID & Passcode/Tap Touch ID & Passcode.
Step 3. Tap Turn Passcode Off.
Then, you won't be restricted by the passcode anymore. But notice that it also means anyone that picks up your iPhone, he/she can access your iPhone without limitation. So pay attention to your privacy security.
Can I Unlock iPhone Without Computer?
Absolutely yes. In the post, the second and third methods are both computer-free, so if your computer is not available, you can try these two ways. Or if you need a detailed guidance of unlocking iPhone without computer, you can check this article: How to Unlock iPhone Passcode Without Computer [3 Ways]
If you forgot iPhone passcode, you will get a preferred solution in reference to the following.
- Erase iPhone on the "iPhone is diabled" screen if it is running iOS 15.2 and above.
- Erase iPhone via "Find My" if you don't have a computer around.
- Use iTunes if you don't remember the passcode, Apple ID, and password.
- Try Passvers iPhone Unlocker if you forgot iPhone passcode and want to unlock iPhone without passcode or Apple ID at a 100% success rate without hassle.