Guide to Unbrick Your iOS Devices
There are many reasons for iOS bricking, iOS update for example-recently, many complained that their iPhone 7 got bricked after upgrading to iOS 10.3.3 or iOS 11. A bricked device renders you inconvenient and really afflicts you. In this guide, we will offer a guide to unbrick your iOS devices.
This step is trivial to some. However, if your iPhone or iPad has a degraded lithium battery, it is possible that your device is out of Apple juice.
Here are the steps on charging your phone: Plug your phone, iPhone X/8/7 for example, into a wall charger. Let it charged for no less than ten minutes. This ensures that the phone has enough power to power on. There could also be your charger that leaves your device powerless. You can ask someone for a compatible charger to test if it really is because of your wall charger.
If, after charging, your phone still fails to response, your phone can suffer a hardware problem. Contact Apple or go to the Apple store for help.
If your iPhone powers on but doesn't get past the Apple logo, go to step 2.
A simple reset can fix your bricked iPhone and allow you to switch it on. Here is how: Hold the Power key and the Home button simultaneously for about five to fifteen seconds. Then the Apple logo should appear. Give it five to ten minutes to power on and then proceed in using your device normally. To reduce battery related issues, reset your phone when having the device plugged into a power source.
If your bricked iPhone switches on but promptly shuts down or fails to get past the Apple logo after 10 minutes and above, you will need to restore the device. The next step is how to restore your phone.
Plug your phone into your computer > Open iTunes on your computer > Choose the device from the program window > Click the "Restore" button. iTunes will regain all the files in your iPhone and reset its firmware at the same time. Once this step is finished, iTunes will ask if you would like to restore your iPhone from a previous backup. If there is no backup, just set up your device as new.
If you cannot restore your iPhone/iPad, try another computer with iTunes installed. But sometimes there can be a conflict or a driver problem that prevents your PC from recognizing your device. In that case, jump to step 5.
If the abovementioned methods fail to unbrick your iPhone/iPad, it might be that your device is incompatible with the current iOS version. You can try to downgrade your phone:
- Back up your iPhone/iPad
- Get an .ipsw file for the previous version of iOS: Go to youruserfolder/Library/iTunes/ and then within a folder called iPad Software Updates, iPhone Software Updates or iPad Software Updates.
- Open the .ipsw file: Plug your iPhone or iPad into your Mac/PC > launch iTunes > Click on your device in the iTunes interface and select Summary > Hold down the Alt/Option (or Shift on a PC) key > Click the Restorebutton. Note that you need to disable the Find My iPhone feature.
- Now please go to the iOS 10.0.1/9.3.5 ipsw file and click Open. iTunes will now reinstall the corresponding version on your iPad or iPhone.
If the above steps fail to unbrick your device, Passvers iOS System Recovery can bring your bricked device back to normal. The program is an expert in fixing bricked or damaged iDevices. It is favored by many users because it can:
- Unbrick iOS device without data loss;
- Upgrade your device to the latest iOS version after the unbricking;
- Provide highly specific guide for ordinary users to fix the bricked device with simple clicks;
- Be effective to fix different kinds of system problem: device stuck at recovery mode/DFU mode/Apple logo/rebooting loop...
Download the program on your PC and let this professional to take care of your iOS system problems.
1. Plug Bricked Device into PC
Launch Passvers iOS System Recovery on your PC and plug the bricked device into the PC. After connecting, choose "Start" to get started.
2. Enter Recovery Mode
The program will identify that your device is at abnormal state. Before it begin to unbrick the device, it'll show you to put your device into recovery mode with detailed guide.
3. Download Corresponding Firmware
According to the model of your iOS device, the program will select corresponding firmware to download. So check if the presented information is correct. If not, select the correct ones and click "Repair".
4. Unbrick iOS Device
The program will then begin to unbrick your device. During the process, the program will remind you of keeping the device connected to PC and maintaining internet connection. Wait until the repairing is completed and your device reboots.
That's all for unbricking your iPhone/iPad. Passvers iOS System Recovery is more recommended to fix the bricked device because it is more effective and can keep your data safe, while restoring or downgrading iDevice often leads to data loss.